Thursday, August 3, 2017

Light on the Farm Lane



Remember our farm lane that we put in last summer?  We love it, but we quickly realized we needed lights along the lane.  It can get very dark walking to the house from the barn or vice versa!  This is one of those projects that has been a long time to completion.  A trench had to be dug, electrical lines laid, the trench had to be filled back in, inspections had to happen and the lights installed.  We had Al to help with much of the work, which is always a Godsend!



I knew that I wanted lights from Barn Light Electric Co. but what really threw me for a loop was the pole.  I wanted substantial but rustic, and all I could find were metal poles that didn't fit what I was looking for.  I hunted and hunted for the right thing and then, finally, found them online at Home Depot!


Every night when I go to bed, I love seeing the warm light down the lane (they are on a timer).



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips